Re: GDM 2.4 in sid

Ryan Murray <rmurray@debian.org> writes:

> Why don't we stop worrying about what to call things (which benefits
> no one), and worry about RC FTBFS packages in the gnome2 dep chain.
> That benefits everyone.  I've had some of those bugs (which are of RC
> severity) ignored for 3 months, with uploads of "new upstream
> release" happening in the meantime.

Ryan, for the benefit of all, can you tell the list what RC FTBFS bugs
are the ones delaying an upload of the latest gdm to unstable?

I see in #169226 that you say that you'd like to see Gnome2 building
from source before you upload a new gdm, but I don't see what
specifically is causing problems. I am using Gnome 2 on Sparc and i386,
and others are on PPC. What arch. is broken and what packages?

#147637 (Christian's bug) has no comments from you either.

If you don't tell us exactly what's wrong how can we help? Not everybody
follows debian-devel or other mailing lists you might have made comments
about this on.

Cheers,

Eloy.-