Re: GDM 2.4 in sid

Ari Pollak <ari@debian.org> writes:

[...]

> In any case, I uploaded a gdm2 package a few weeks ago based
> on Colin Walters' packages (from the latest 2.4 version), since
> the new GDM releases are now stable and people should be able to
> install it if they wish, and I had not received any objections to
> my gdm2 ITP.

Are you sure ?

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/debian-devel-200301/msg01391.html

You should replace RFA by ITA

We have decided to no upload GNOME 2 packages with the 2 prefix.

> However, the package is still sitting in the ACCEPTED queue, as it
> has been since I uploaded it, and I haven't received any reasoning
> as to why it hasn't been added to the pool yet.

I'll ask ftpadmins to remove this package. If you really want to
package this version do an ITA.

Packaging an gdm package with a 2 prefix will confuse users, and break
to woody upgrade.

Christian