Re: GDM 2.4 in sid

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 09:53:10AM -0500, Ari Pollak wrote:
> accepted into the pool. For Ryan's reason why he won't accept any gdm
> packages, see his closing bug remarks at
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?archive=no&bug=180014

That's my reason why you can't "ITA" a package that has a maintainer, just
because you disagree with that maintainer.  Saying it is my reason for
anything else is just making things up.

As far as seeing gdm for gnome2 in unstable soon, that looks likely to
happen now that uploads have happened to fix the (RC) FTBFS bugs.  So
instead of spending any more time on email and seperate packages on
this, why don't people go make sure that all of their build-deps build
from source, and see what you can do to help out if it doesn't.

Do that, have a little bit more patience, and we'll all end up with a better
distro to show for it.  (and gnome2 might stand a chance of getting mostly
into testing when libc and gcc are fixed...)

--
Ryan Murray, Debian Developer (rmurray@cyberhqz.com, rmurray@debian.org)
The opinions expressed here are my own.