Re: GNOME 2.2 pref. dialogs getting too dumbed down?

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 03:08:22PM +0000, Mark Howard wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 07:47, Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 06:39:54PM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > > Dunno, Galeon 2 is basically dead. A few people have been working on the
> > > 'crackpipe' idea, but generally doing a pretty ugly job of it.
> >
> > :(((
> >
> > So the developpment team split up and died then ?
>
> Marco, the main developer who made galeon1 so great wanted to move fully
> to hig compliance, etc. Lots of ppl disagreed about the removal of
> settings and disagreement was hindering progress. Marco quit as galeon
> maintainer. The other maintainers have continued (and seem to be doing a
> good job, albeit slowly). Gnome decided not to include galeon in 2.2
> (main reason was that none of the existing developers has enough time to
> put their name down as the project leader); this was a big blow for the
> project.
>
> Marco is now working on a new project, ephiphany. This is an intuitive
> gnome browser suitable for non-technical users. The initial code base
> was taken from galeon, although it seems that much has been done since.
> There has been a lot of interest in epiphany, based on its mailing list.
> This is not a clone of other web browsers. It is being created almost as
> an experiment into how to make good uis (quite different from most
> common apps). For example, the bookmarks system does not have a
> hierarchical structure.
> I filed an ITP for epiphany some time ago. I will hopefully have

BTW, ...

$ apt-cache show epiphany
Package: epiphany
Section: games
Installed-Size: 2144
Maintainer: Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Version: 0.4.2-1
Depends: clanlib2 (>= 0.6.2-1), clanlib2-sound (>= 0.6.2-1), libc6 (>=
2.2.5-13), libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2 (>= 1:2.95.4-0.010810)
Filename: pool/main/e/epiphany/epiphany_0.4.2-1_i386.deb
Size: 582466
MD5sum: a33dfc4e5f4021fc3535f21640905115
 Epiphany is a GPL'ed multi-platform clone of BoulderDash.
 The player must collect all valuable minerals scattered in levels,
 avoiding being hit by a falling boulder, or (worst :) by a bomb.
 .
 Boulder Dash was one of the best Games ever made on C64.

Friendly,

Sven Luther