Re: GNOME 2.2 pref. dialogs getting too dumbed down?

<quote who="Sven Luther">

> > > To my mind, good design is something like "make things simple by
> > > default, but allow expert configuration if desired".
> >
> > That's exactly what defines the relationship between the preferences
> > available in the immediate user interface and those in GConf.
>
> Well the problem with all this gnome 2 stuff is that they did the remove
> most prefs correctly, but often forgot the do it right by default part.

Without specifics, I can't help you.

> Anyway, there was speak of an advanced configurator, or control panel, at
> least for galeon 2, what about it ?

Dunno, Galeon 2 is basically dead. A few people have been working on the
'crackpipe' idea, but generally doing a pretty ugly job of it.

- Jeff

--
                    The Unix Way: Everything is a file.
                 The Linux Way: Everything is a filesystem.