Re: GNOME 2.2 pref. dialogs getting too dumbed down?

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 04:10:37PM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Dan Ros">
>
> > To my mind, good design is something like "make things simple by default,
> > but allow expert configuration if desired".
>
> That's exactly what defines the relationship between the preferences
> available in the immediate user interface and those in GConf.

Well the problem with all this gnome 2 stuff is that they did the remove
most prefs correctly, but often forgot the do it right by default part.

Anyway, there was speak of an advanced configurator, or control panel,
at least for galeon 2, what about it ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther