Re: GNOME 2.2 pref. dialogs getting too dumbed down?

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 12:02:20PM -0800, Matt Brubeck wrote:

 > I don't know what Epiphany is doing, but a lot of newer applications
 > seem to be drawing on music playlist editors (see iTunes, Rhythmbox)
 > and on mail/newsreaders (virtual folders and "views").  There are
 > plenty of interfaces for dealing with thousands of items without
 > hierarchy.

 (Virtual) folders and views are the same thing, just different names.
 Both are just filters (e.g. display the music by "this and that"
 artist; the songs with less than 60 bpm; messages address to this
 newsgroup or written by this person).  The purpose and usage is
 different than that of a hierarchical list of bookmarks.  Playlists are
 something that you set up for a session.  With bookmarks you usually
 look for a specific item to use immediately.

 I'm curious, I'll dig in the epiphany archives...

 Thanks

--
Marcelo