Re: Gnome 2 summary 05/06/2002

<quote who="Chris Heywood">

> > Cool, keep using it! It's still there for everyone who wants it, and
> > it's still the default for the 2.0 release.
>
> true, but sawfish (G2 version), the default WM for G2, doesn't seem to
> work as well with G2 as metacity does.  (maximizing problems come to mind,
> as well as the history list in galeon2)

One of the reasons we're intending to switch to metacity is that Sawfish is
not actively maintained within the GNOME developer community anymore. John
is no longer as involved as he was, and I'm not sure he's all that
interested in maintaining "THE" GNOME window manager... Better described in
my last Advogato entry:

  http://advogato.org/person/jdub/diary.html?start=56

- Jeff

--
   "Boys will be boys, hackers will be hackers, geeks will be geeks, and
     cyberpunks will always just be ravers with Macintoshes." - Monkey