Re: Gnome 2 summary 05/06/2002

On Sat, Jun 08, 2002 at 06:20:24PM +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
> But then on the other hand, Metacity rocks! Default options which are
> sane! Yay!

You must not use workspaces or matched windows much?  =)

The defaults for Metacity are nice enough, there's just too much I can't
do with it.  Matched windows are the prime example - I use ten workspaces,
yes ten.  I have windows I only open on certain workspaces, namely mozilla
always on WS10, email and XMMS on WS4, etc.  Metacity lacks a way to do
this.

This is most notable if you open these things in your session because it
means you can wind up with 30 windows on one workspace.  Eep!

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>          I swallowed your goldfish

* james would be more impressed if netgod's magic powers could stop the
  splits in the first place...
* netgod notes debian developers are notoriously hard to impress