Re: RFS/package review

Hello,

Peymaneh Nejad wrote:
If you are using sbuild, you can build locally with a --extra-package
option

It depends on a newer version of golang-github-klauspost-cpuid-dev than is
in the repos. I did a fork of the package
(https://salsa.debian.org/peymaneh/golang-github-klauspost-cpuid) for
testing until the issue is resolved
(https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=989624)
Changelogs have set distribution=experimental.

Consider doing similar changes for this one (with d/experimental branch along with a mail to
maintainer) as I suggested to do it for
golang-github-masterminds-semver-dev in my other mail

Okay.

Quick comment here: wouldn't it be more straight-forward to simply ping the maintainer(s) of the packages in question first and ask for permission to upload a newer upstream release? That way, an extra upload to experimental could be avoided.

Kind regards,
 jonas