Re: GSoC project: Packaging Caddy

Hey you all,

Nilesh Patra wrote:
On 6/6/21 7:02 PM, Peymaneh Nejad wrote:

Hi,

Am 19.05.21 um 00:08 schrieb Peymaneh Nejad:

My project for GSoC is to package the Caddy webserver and its dependencies

Small question regarding the package review in the process:

My mentors and I discussed that they would review and upload all my packaging. Is this procedure OK with the rest of the go team or would more involvement from the go team wished for?
My mentors are Jonas Meurer <mejo> and Georg Faerber <georg>

I think you could all your RFS mails to this list, maybe with a CC to mejo and georg.
That way, it'd serve two purposes:

a) Since caddy is a package of interest to several people here, it'd kind of give an idea as to what the current progress is, and what stuff you are working on
b) A drive-by sponsor can upload some your packages - this will give your mentors more time to review your other un-uploaded packages and push to NEW/unstable/experimental. Unless ofcourse,
if your mentors want to "exclusively" sponsor your packages, which is perfectly fine as well :-)

Full ack here.

Also, thanks a ton Nilesh for being so supportive. That's really appreciated <3

Your reviews are super valuable. And since you're way more familar with the Debian Go world, you often have a better picture than I do. I'm also super happy with you doing upload for Peymaneh.

But please don't feel obligated to do either of them. If at any time you don't feel like doing so, me and Georg are more than happy to chime in and do the package uploads.

I'm also fine with processing it "first, comes first served". But given your pace that probably means that you'll do most of it ;)

Kind regards
 jonas