Re: libLAS 1.8.0

On 08/15/2014 08:20 PM, Ross Gammon wrote:
> On 08/08/2014 08:43 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>
> [...]
>> Indeed. When the updated pktools is unstable has migrated to
>> testing, we can rebuild libLAS 1.8.0 for unstable and request a
>> binNMU of pktools.
>>

> Hi Bas,
>
> Just saw your RFS for pktools. I was in the middle of working out what
> to write to the release team for the mini libLAS transition.
>
> I suppose it needs to be:
> 1) Wait for pktools 2.5.3 to migrate to testing
> 2) Move libLAS 1.8.0 to unstable
> 3) binNMU pktools

That should be the process, yes.

I'd add steps 1a and 2a just to make sure:

1a) Verify that pktools built successfully on arm*
2a) Verify that liblas has build on all architectures

The perl 5.20 transition was just set in motion, causing a lot of
packages depending on perl to not have their dependencies satisfied.
This affects the liblas mips build for experimental currently. We may
want to wait a bit for that to settle down.

> If so, I could submit a bug to r.d.o pseudo package. The transition is
> already automatically tracked here:
> https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/auto-liblas.html

Although we only need to binNMU pktools for the liblas transition,
coordination with the release team is a good idea.

Please ask them if they object to the upload of liblas 1.8.0 to unstable
currently or if we can just go ahead.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--