Re: libLAS 1.8.0

On 08/08/2014 12:52 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 08/08/2014 08:10 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 08, 2014 at 12:51:58AM +0200, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>>>
>>> I've addressed some of the lintian issues, but I'm not looking forward
>>> to fixing all the lintian issues. Especially writing the many man pages
>>
>> While I agree that having a manpage for each executable in /usr/bin is a
>> nice thing to have sometimes you have to balance what might be more in
>> the interest of our users:  Waiting for ages until a packages goes out
>> equipped with a full set of manpaged or just providing something that
>> works in a timely manner.  Several times I decided for the later.
>
> Agreed. Adding the man pages is something left for later.

[...]
> In this case have the package pass through NEW for the library packages
> is my primary concern.
>
>>> I don't think we should wait much longer to upload the recent changes.
>>
>> +1
>
> I only want to add a pristine-tar branch before the upload to have the
> orig.tar.gz from snapshot.d.o recreatable.
>
>> Kind regards
>>
>>         Andreas.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Bas

Hi,

I am back from my work trip, and I can see all the work on pktools!
Thanks Bas. I agree that creating all the man pages and renaming the
library packages is beyond the original intention of enabling libLAS
1.8.0 to be moved from experimental.

The only thing I am not sure has been checked, is whether pktools
successfully builds against libLAS 1.8.0. So I will do a test of this.

Then I assume we would be ready upload the updated pktools and then
merge libLAS from experimental & upload?

Cheers,

Ross