transition: liblas

Package: release.debian.org
Severity: normal
User: release.debian.org@packages.debian.org
Usertags: transition
Forwarded: https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/auto-liblas.html

Dear Release Team,

In the Debian GIS Team we would like to start a mini-transition for
liblas. Even though it is small, a binNMU will be required and we feel
it would be a good idea to check with you about the timing.

liblas (1.8.0) is available in experimental

pktools (2.5.3) is about to be uploaded to unstable and has been tested
and confirmed to build successfully against liblas 1.8.0. Pktools 2.5.3
also contains a fix to get it building on arm*.

The transition has been automatically detected:
https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/auto-liblas.html

We may get caught up in the perl 5.20 transition (causing a pause in the
middle), but in any case we believe the steps should be:

1) Wait for pktools 2.5.3 to migrate to testing
2) Verify that pktools built successfully on arm*
3) Move libLAS 1.8.0 from experimental to unstable
4) Verify that liblas has built on all architectures
5) binNMU pktools

Would it be okay to go ahead with this in the next few days?

Regards,

Ross