Re: nochmals wegen der CD / DVD zum LT

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 09:59:55PM +0100, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> * Sven Hoexter [Thu, Jan 23 2003, 09:31:13PM]:

Hi,

> > Ahh and where do you want to store the iso? AFAIK on the fly creation of
> > a bootable cd is something quite complex ... ah and don't try to think of
> > a 650MB ramdisk ;) (Ok I have 1GB RAM in this box here but that is not
> > average I think)
>
> Why? For the compression utility? In the last version (in Sid), there is
> a more efficient tool that does not need to keep the whole image in the
> memory while compressing it.
I thought that you have to write the whole iso somewhere bevor you can burn it
but Grisu said something about doing this with pipes. I will look into this
topic when I did my first steps with the debian-cd stuff - in one or two
weeks I think ;)

> > > ok, vielleicht sind meine Erfahrungen wirklich was einseitig, wenn ich
> > > hier so großen Wiederspruch bekomme.
> > or you just lost the view of the averrage user ;) I think I've lost it too
> > but my (girl)friend brings me back to the roots sometimes.
>
> Ack. An average user wants hardware detection, a simple short selection
> of idiot-proof packages with idiot-proof defaults. Something Knoppix and
> Mandrake can provide, but Debian cannot.
Well using pgi might be an option but that is something I ignore for the
moment.
If you have more experience and would like to do it feel free :) I will play
with it anyway for my own pleasure when I know the basics.

Sven
Have you mooed today? http://www.hoaxter.de/cows.txt
Apt-rpm packages for RedHat: http://www.hoaxter.de/aptrpm/index.html