Re: [rant] Re: Consequences of moving Emacs Manuals to non-free

David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:

> Upstream does not "cooperate".  Upstream delivers.

This may be the case when you are upstream, but I can assure you that
some upstreams do cooperate.

> If Debian is unhappy with the "unfree" software made "by GNU", as they
> like to say, then they should package something else.

Debian nonetheless provides the most useful non-free (but still
distributable) software in its non-free area. Such as GFDL-licensed
manuals with invariant sections. And who are you to dictate Debian what
"it" should package?

> Duplicity does not become magically something else if enough people
> vote for it.

Despite your repeated clamis, there is no duplicity in our actions. We
have a social contract that was amended by the act of voting, and we
follow the principles written in that social contract. That's quite
simple, actually.

If you don't want your software to be distributed by Debian at all, then
release it with a fully non-free license, to make things clear. Bah.

--
Florent