Re: error on usb install

On 18 March 2014 21:31, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> wrote:
> Nigel, how did you test?  I just tested the USB stick available via
> rsync from
> ftp.skolelinux.org::skolelinux-cd/debian-edu-7.1+edu0-USB.iso to
> install a norwegian minimal installation, and this worked just fine.

It only failed at tasksel for debian-edu non-kde and non-gnome
packages. Once I unselected that, the install completed with no
desktop. Of course for minimal, you don't have a desktop.

Then I had to fix the skolelinux line in sources.list, remember? It
says ftp://ftp..... but it only works with http://ftp........
In fact I had to uncomment several lines in sources.list. Even the cd
was commented.(security was the only uncommented line)

Then, after upgrading and installing lxde, I got a working
workstation. So I got there in the end, but I wouldn't describe it as
"working"!

nigel