Re: error on usb install

[Nigel Barker 2014-03-12]
> I tried again just now. After a usb install (I mean the 5G download.
> Is that what you call DVD?) of lxde i386

Nigel, how did you test?  I just tested the USB stick available via
rsync from
ftp.skolelinux.org::skolelinux-cd/debian-edu-7.1+edu0-USB.iso to
install a norwegian minimal installation, and this worked just fine.

> Is PXE installation also still broken?  I did not have the test rack
> ready to check this.

Very curious about this. :)

> If it is, I suspect updating debian-edu-install in wheezy-test to
> wheezy as I requested in
> days ago.

I believe this update is still needed before we wrap up a new
release. :)

The installation has been broken since before 2014-03-06, ie at least
12 days.  This is becoming embarrassing to the project. :)

> I did mean the 5 GiB USB ISO, yes.  I hoped it would work as it
> would have all the debs and udebs it needed and they should be
> consistent.  Perhaps it only work if the installation is done
> without Internet connection?

I verified in /var/log/installer/syslog that debian-edu-install-udeb
version 1.720 was used, so no udeb was fetched from the Internet.

--
Happy hacking