Re: error on usb install

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 01:31:21PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Nigel Barker 2014-03-12]
> > I tried again just now. After a usb install (I mean the 5G download.
> > Is that what you call DVD?) of lxde i386
>
> Nigel, how did you test?  I just tested the USB stick available via
> rsync from
> ftp.skolelinux.org::skolelinux-cd/debian-edu-7.1+edu0-USB.iso to
> install a norwegian minimal installation, and this worked just fine.
>
> > Is PXE installation also still broken?  I did not have the test rack
> > ready to check this.
>
> Very curious about this. :)

Yes, installing via PXE is broken.

Here's a workaround to fix it until debian-edu-install is available in
stable:

Put a file named 'debian-edu-install.dat.local' containing

# workaround to use for loading newer installer components.
d-i mirror/udeb/suite string unstable
#

into tjener:/etc/debian-edu/www

and execute 'debian-edu-pxeinstall'

Remember to undo this when the problem is solved, i.e. remove the added
file and execute 'debian-edu-pxeinstall' again.

Wolfgang