Re: DVD works again: please test, report and contribute to debian-edu-squeeze
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: DVD works again: please test, report and contribute to debian-edu-squeeze
- From: "Andreas B. Mundt" <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 23:39:20 +0100
- Message-id: <20110218223920.GA4013@flashgordon>
- Mail-followup-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <1298067884.3569.65.camel@i965GMx-IF>
- References: <20110216221048.GA14862@flashgordon> <1298019655.13076.7.camel@i965GMx-IF> <20110218154648.GA7303@flashgordon> <1298067884.3569.65.camel@i965GMx-IF>
On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 11:24:44PM +0100, Andreas Schockenhoff wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-02-18 at 16:46 +0100, Andreas B. Mundt wrote:
> > I installed a combined server and a workstation. I can start a
> > diskless machine and log in. The hostname is like the one I set in
> > GOsa.
> The disk less terminals works here in 10er and 192er net. They have
> there name static00 like I set this in gosa. IP ....
> The disk less boots works but shows a lot of errors.
> But disk less workstations need the netgroup hack.
> I can not install over the network: partman hangs. May be a VirtualBox
I don't have the partion/partitioning errors (with KVM).
> > If I start the workstation, there is no way to log in, the hostname is
> > not set and other stuff fails too. So this is an issue.
> I can log in as root. :-) No DNS for hosts that I put with gosa in ldap.
> Also on tjener himself. host static00 not found.
Did you run ldap2bind after adding the machine?
> Disk less clients and workstations seams to get the name over DHCP?
Yes. I just expored that problem a bit more. Most if not all of the
DNS related errors after installation correspond to the failure of
debian-edu-ldapserver and/or the removeal of the multiple A-records:
We can either change some scripts that expect multiple A-records or
make Kerberos work with this multiplicity.
> > I plan the following:
> > 1) It would be great if someone can have a look at the DNS and DHCP
> > setup. (Related is the SRV-record/A-record problem:
> > <URL:http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2011/02/msg00160.html>)
> > 2) Then of course we have to find the reasons for the error messages
> > after installation. (If still there).
> May be it is a gosa to ldap problem because tjeners dns seams to be OK.
See above, ldap2bind ?! (A cron job does this every hour and at boot).