Re: SRV records can't point to CNAMEs

Hi Petter,

thanks for your reply:

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 07:54:42PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Andreas B. Mundt]
> > Can you elaborate a bit on the scripts that provide this
> > configurations?
>
> See the postinst of the sssd package.
>
> > Would it be possible to modify debian-edu-ldapserver and perhaps
> > corresponding tools to work with the provided SRV-records?
>
> Sure, but it would break on sites where windows control the SRV
> records (required by Windows AD), and unix should not use AD as its
> LDAP server.  This is the setup at the University of Oslo, where
> debian-edu-ldapserver and friends work out of the box.

Hmm, I don't know how to fix this. To me it looks a bit like
sacrificing a clear and common DNS setup in favor of a very special
setup (for which I don't know how to get Kerberos working).  This tuned
setup works out of the box at the University of Oslo in a special
environment, but causes hassle and confusion probably everywhere else.

Any ideas how to solve that and continue?

Best regards,

     Andi