Re: DVD works again: please test, report and contribute to debian-edu-squeeze
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: DVD works again: please test, report and contribute to debian-edu-squeeze
- From: Andreas Schockenhoff <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 23:24:44 +0100
- Message-id: <1298067884.3569.65.camel@i965GMx-IF>
- In-reply-to: <20110218154648.GA7303@flashgordon>
- References: <20110216221048.GA14862@flashgordon> <1298019655.13076.7.camel@i965GMx-IF> <20110218154648.GA7303@flashgordon>
On Fri, 2011-02-18 at 16:46 +0100, Andreas B. Mundt wrote:
> first, thanks for starting the tests!
First, sorry for not RTFM the super-admin.
> I installed a combined server and a workstation. I can start a
> diskless machine and log in. The hostname is like the one I set in
The disk less terminals works here in 10er and 192er net. They have
there name static00 like I set this in gosa. IP ....
The disk less boots works but shows a lot of errors.
But disk less workstations need the netgroup hack.
I can not install over the network: partman hangs. May be a VirtualBox
> If I start the workstation, there is no way to log in, the hostname is
> not set and other stuff fails too. So this is an issue.
I can log in as root. :-) No DNS for hosts that I put with gosa in ldap.
Also on tjener himself. host static00 not found.
Disk less clients and workstations seams to get the name over DHCP?
> I plan the following:
> 1) It would be great if someone can have a look at the DNS and DHCP
> setup. (Related is the SRV-record/A-record problem:
> 2) Then of course we have to find the reasons for the error messages
> after installation. (If still there).
May be it is a gosa to ldap problem because tjeners dns seams to be OK.