Re: How should we handle bug reports from our users ?

[Arnt Ove Gregersen]
> I will rewrite the "Report a bug" document on the homepage and borrow some
> content from the "Tips regarding bug reports" . I advice the users to see
> the full "Tips regarding bug reports" in the wiki and also link to Ralf's
> bugzilla howto.

Why not just link directly to the wiki page and update the wiki page
instead?  One less redundant page. :) And someone please remove the
developer.skolelinux.org page if its content already was moved to the
wiki, or at least replace it with a link to the wiki.

> The users shall be encouraged to report bugs in this order:
>
> 1) Bugzilla (if they are able to)
> 2) Our maling list
> 3) Our web forum (if they do not like mailing lists, can be confusing for
> some users)
>
> Is this a good / better solution? :)

Unless some developer is going to follow a web forum, I believe we
should limit it to bugzilla and the mailing list.  Until that happen,
I would limit the options to 1 and 2.  Bugs in packages in Debian can
be reported directly into bugs.debian.org using reportbug, thought.
So

 1) To bugs.debian.org if a package is in Debian.
 2) To bugzilla if the package is not yet in Debian, or it is unknown
    which package contain the bug.