Re: How should we handle bug reports from our users ?

[Arnt Ove Gregersen]
> On the current "Report a bug" page the users is asked to send an
> email to bugs@skolelinux.no with as much details as possible.
>
> http://joomla.slx.no/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=86&Itemid=88&lang=en

Yes, very bad idea.  Bugs should be directly reported into a system
where the developers will see and interact with them.  Duplicated
systems without direct communication is a complete waste of time for
both the users whose reports will be ignored and the developers who
will fail to see discover the reports.

See also <URL:http://developer.skolelinux.no/feilrapporter.html>
(norwegian only), which is a set of instructions to follow when
reporting bugs.  Do not remember if this text was translated and
copied into wiki.debian.org.

Happy hacking,