Re: How should we handle bug reports from our users ?

Hi,

On Montag, 31. August 2009, RalfGesellensetter wrote:
> > See also <URL:http://developer.skolelinux.no/feilrapporter.html>
> > (norwegian only),
> I remember having written detailed instructons in German. Lemme se:

I would recommend adding instructions to
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Lenny/Contribute (or maybe to
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Lenny/BugReporting (currently
non existing)) which has the benefit of getting translated to all languages
eventually.

And I would also recommnend _not_ to introduce a third way of reporting bugs
(we already have and use and are confused by bugs.debian.org/$package and
bugs.skolelinux.org) nor to proxy bugreports for other people.

Proxying (=relaying) bug reports is error prone, labor intensive and slow. If
people cannot submit bugs, we should make it easier for them - or (IMO) they
should contribute in some other way.

regards,
	Holger