Re: stable update proposal: flashplugin-nonfree-extrasound

On Jan 27, 2008 1:15 PM, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> wrote:
> [Holger Levsen]
> > I wonder two things:
> >
> > Is flashplugin-nonfree-extrasound automatically installed as default atm?
> >
> > Will flashplugin-nonfree-extrasound automatically be installed on upgrades?
>
> No to both.  We should document that if you install
> flashplugin-nonfree, you should also install
> flashplugin-nonfree-extrasound if you use LTSP.
>
> I would like flashplugin-nonfree-extrasound to be installed by
> default, to make sure LTSP sound work out of the box for those
> installing flashplugin-nonfree, but that is not a requirement for it
> to be useful.  It should also be included on the DVDs, if there is
> room for it after the packages installed by default.
>
> Happy hacking,
> --
> Petter Reinholdtsen

Hi and sorry for interfering here.

flashplugin-nonfree-extrasound (aka libflashsupport) is needed if
pulseaudio is default sound daemon too, not only for thin clients.

Many new distros (Fedora 8, Ubuntu Hardy, OpenSuSe, perphaps Debian
Lenny) will come with
pulseaudio as default sound server (replacing esound) and flash will
don't work if
libflashsupport isn't installed. (pulseaudio open exclusive alsa device
and flashplugin can't open)

I have enabled pulseaudio in Debian unstable many months ago and I
use with libflashsupport without problems.

Some times iceweasel crash with youtube videos, but I don't know if it's
caused by flashplugin or libflashsupport.

Greetings

--
Mario Izquierdo
Responsable de proyectos I+D+i