Re: CVS update: skolelinux/www/testing/wlus 003_delete_many_users.txt

* Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com) [040503 23:21]:
> This sounds like an argument for closing accounts and waiting a while
> before removing them.  Not for keeping the mail around when removing
> accounts.

yes. that is what we do. right now users and their homedirs are
only physically *deleted* when something goes wrong in the user
creation process, to not clutter up the login- and mainaccount
namespace.

after that user "delition" is an actual though disabling of
things, aiming to not void information but to preserve it for
archiving and later compression and removal.

> > what are the reasons that the mailspool must be removed? what do we
> > win by doing it now? the mailspool is savely stored in the user's
> > entry in the attic and can be taken care of when it comes to to
> > controlled removal.
>
> Mailspool should be removed when the home directory is removed, to
> make sure no orphaned mail spool files are left hanging around when
> the account is removed.

the home directory is not removed, it is made inaccessable,
wating for a proper user-cleanup and deletion with cerebrum.