Re: Skolelinux jobs for students

Le mer 08/09/2004 à 14:54, Gavin McCullagh a écrit :

> > A metaphore modeled on the school organization is probably more around
> > school level.
>
> Would it not make more sense just to rename the group?  I guess you could
> make a metaphor but what you're talking about seems to be just a simple
> group rename eg "year1" -> "year2".

Do you think it is something technicaly doeable at a teacher level?
A lot of primary school do not have support for this first level
administration stuff. It will be a serious poroblem.

> > > Hard to do in a generic way that works across several school systems.
> > > But it is not very hard to set up per school.
> >
> > Ok, it could be a subjet for a job student. How to modelize into
> > Skolelinux
>
> I suppose you could do something like have an optional common directory for
> each unix group.  This could appear as a link in the home directory (and
> perhaps on the desktop) if it exists.

Yes, this is the resulting effect we should have and teachers expect to
have when dealing with sharing document.

> > Then a tool in webminuser interface to let the admin update a user
> > Desktop profil from one in /etc/skolelinux/profils/. Update will be
> > delete user .kde and copy the new one.
[..]
> I imagine doing this through webmin might be quite painful to keep
> maintained as KDE changes.

No , kdeschool will be a complement part. The webmin part will just
install the kdeschool generated menu in the users account space.

Hilaire

--
SCÉRÉN
CRDP d'Aquitaine/CDDP des Landes