Re: Skolelinux jobs for students

Le mer 08/09/2004 à 09:52, Andreas Schuldei a écrit :
> * Hilaire Fernandes (cddp40.tice@ac-bordeaux.fr) [040908 08:54]:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have the opportunity to propose developer job for student. These
> > students job will be part of their training and graduation process.
> > Students are HightSchool + 2 or HightSchool + 3.
> >
> > I have been looking at the
> > https://www.skolelinux.org/portal/contribute/development/SmallProgrammingJobs page in Skolelinux portal.
> >
> > However I am not sure these descriptions make enought sense for students
> > looking from training jobs. More elaborated description with an
> > appropriate bibliography will help student to figure out what the job is
> > about.
> >
> > In the other hand if there are more compartimented it could be quicker
> > for the student to catch up.
>
> i could expand on the description and provide links and more
> documentation. that takes time, though and i would like to invest
> it into describing the most interesting or likely projects. could
> you, by speaking with them and describing the projects (coming
> from your own knowledge of debian-edu and background) find out
> which ones they would like to learn more about? i could then
> focus on those.

Unfortunately I do not have the time to do it right now. But if possible
I will try to discuss the list with the teachers coatching the students.

Here, I have some thought about quite *important* features I did not
succeed to find in Skolelinux. If I am wrong, just tell me, I will be
happy to hear it.

1. In the webmin user interface. Once a year, at the beginning of the
scholar year, we need a way to move one student from one class group to
the next one. We would like a tool letting us do it in mass (ie. move
all students from group Year-8 to Year-9)

2. Students from a class Year-8 should have access to a common folder
Year-8. So teacher and students of a same class can exchange documents
through this shared area. This should be a default behavior in
Skolelinux.

3. In the webmin user interface, we need a profil mangager so we can
quiclky update the Desktop of a student or a group of students.

4. Integrate low-bandwith technology in Skolelinux so teachers and
students could open from home a desktop session. Hey, Knut you have a
lot of tips on that feature.

>From my personnal point of view, point 1. to 3. are quite mandatory. In
the other hand it is not big deal jobs if implemented in a pragmatical
way.

Regards,

Hilaire

--