Re: [LiS-styret] Re: Commercial involvement of SLX Debian Labs in Debian Edu market

ons, 28.07.2004 kl. 14.20 skrev Petter Reinholdtsen:
> I believe the last few days illustrate very well why we should try to
> avoid keeping negotiations and discussions confidencial.

I do agree.

> We would avoid uncertaincy among the project members if we started all
> negotiations by making it clear that the fact that we were negotiating
> would have have to be made public, and refused to continue the
> discussions if the fact that we were discussing had to be kept secret.

Yes

> A completely different issue is the content of such discussions, which
> might have to be kept confidenical to be able to make any progress.
> It is hard to negotiate and discuss if the onlything being exchanged
> are statements ment for the public.

Yes. If company X and SLX-Debian-Labs are having discussions, it would
be nice for the comunity to know about it. They do not need to know
everything. Many details have to be held confidentical, but not
everything.

> Yes, this would mean that some entities refused to talk to us, but I
> suspect we would still be able to make connections with interested
> parties, and able keep all participating project members in the loop
> and happy as well.

Yepp.

Markus