Re: Commercial involvement of SLX Debian Labs in Debian Edu market

onsdag 28 juli 2004, 07:24, skrev Markus Gamenius:
> But I do not understand why Knut can't answer the questions from
> Ragnar. He could at least say that he could not say anything about
> the deal because .

"Unfortunatly" contract negotiations are stricte confedensial. It's not
a problem for SLX Debian Labs to ask the no-named firm if they could
announce their existence. But SLX Debian Labs can't do this on behalf
on an other firm. So to be clean when negotiationing, we have to follow
contract law and the rules when doing this. We have come clean out of
this by not telling who we negotiate with, but ask the firm them self
to anounce their precence.

My impression is that also Debian Labs keep their negotiations
confedensial when they are doing negotiations in the comercial space.
They don't go official before their contracts are in place.  How this
information is shared before everything is on place also regularted by
trade agreement, and rules of coundut that the goes far beyound the
reach of our practices, even if we have, as we see it, other
perspective on this matter.

I understand that this answer is not what you hoped for. But we have to
do this cleanly. So when you as a get to know certain things, it's a
weight and importance of the imformation you get. Somethimes a leader
as you are must have some information, and keep it unofficially until
the information is ready to tell everybody. An e-post-list is as
officiall you can get :-). Unfortunatly some information is not ready
for that yet ...

Sincerely

Knut Yrvin
--
Project manager (cel: +47 908 95 765) Skolelinux Norway and OpenOffice
translation to Norwegian. Office 1: SLX Debian Labs Forskningsparken,