Re: [LiS-styret] Re: Commercial involvement of SLX Debian Labs in Debian Edu market

I believe the last few days illustrate very well why we should try to
avoid keeping negotiations and discussions confidencial.

We would avoid uncertaincy among the project members if we started all
negotiations by making it clear that the fact that we were negotiating
would have have to be made public, and refused to continue the
discussions if the fact that we were discussing had to be kept secret.

A completely different issue is the content of such discussions, which
might have to be kept confidenical to be able to make any progress.
It is hard to negotiate and discuss if the onlything being exchanged
are statements ment for the public.

Yes, this would mean that some entities refused to talk to us, but I
suspect we would still be able to make connections with interested
parties, and able keep all participating project members in the loop
and happy as well.