Re: Q: Hard Disc Layout for Tjener? (Raid)
Frank Weißer wrote:
<zitiere wer="Maximilian Wilhelm">
RAID 5: (distributed space management)
* at least 3 disc (normally equal size)
* If all disc have the same size
size(RAID) = (n - 1 / n) * disc size.
* If one disc failes, replace it and be happy.
So you would have ~108GB useable space.
hmm, i always thought 3,75*36GB would be something like 135GB ;-)
Maybe it's just me, but how do you end up using 3,75? Are you perhaps
setting up a RAID consisting of 4,75 disks?
(more likely you are quoting a different formula than the one you are
* Jonas Smedegaard - idealist og Internet-arkitekt
* Tlf.: +45 40843136 Website: http://dr.jones.dk/
- Enden er nær: http://www.shibumi.org/eoti.htm