Re: Doubts/suggestions with event organization(MiniDebConf '14)

On 13 August 2014 22:00, Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> wrote:
> For MiniDebconf I suggest to frame as either of these:
>
>   * ways to interact with OpenStreetMap using Debian
>     a) as web designer
>     b) as explorer drawing the pieces missing
>     c) as ordinary user wanting to read maps
>   * ways to help Debian expand its support for OpenStreetMap
>     a) maintain existing packages written in various languages
>     b) package (and maintain!) additional code and plugins
>     c) report bugs against packages in Debian
>     d) contribute translations
>     e) document e.g. use cases on https://wiki.debian.org/
>
> Either of those angles can be either hands-on sessions or
> teaching-oriented talks or inspirational talks more about personal
> experiences.  My point is to make it about Debian.

+1 these are good ideas , we could use them at the event. Which
package /project we are bothered about could be expanded like Jonas
has proposed for OSM and be dealt in a similar fashion.

Jonas could you also propose more ideas for the packages you maintain
so that it would be easy to coordinate talks/workshops on those topics
. I am sure praveen has already used most of his Diaspora related
packages in the talks before.

Regards,
Pavithran