Re: Index for the /doc directory under ftp.debian.org

On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 11:24:27AM +0100, Aquarion wrote:
> On Thu, 9 May 2002 17:48:33 -0700, debian@aokiconsulting.com (Osamu
> Aoki) wrote:
> >>
> >> 	Obviously index.XX.html should be *exactly* the same regardless of
> >> what XX is and whether or not XX has documents translated into a given
> >> language.
> >>
> >> 	Have I made myself clear now?
> >
> >Sorry. Not really.
>
> You mean the design and layout should be exactly the same, only the
> translation would be different?

	Yes. Obviosuly index.en.html is in English, index.es.html in
Spanish...

> Or do you mean the exact website will be exactly the same, with no
> translations, and this meta-list would be just a list of documents and
> the languages they are in?

	Not really a "website". I mean that they could be in the /doc/
directory as many index.XX.html as languages all with the same content:

- a ¿What is this stuff? introduction to the things under the /doc/ dir

- a section for each main group of documentations with a list of
documents, what they talk about and what languages are they translated to.
Basicly similar to http://www.debian.org/doc/ (but that one does not
include translations)

	Regards

	Javi