Re: Making Debian available

On Mon, 18 Jan 2021 16:29:52 +0000, Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com>
wrote:
>There's a major difference here - do we want Debian's *official* media
>to include non-free stuff? We've had this discussion a few times,
>including in person back at DC15 at least. Back then, the overwhelming
>response was *no*. We can change that, but it's not something to do
>lightly.

Imagine the catastrophal message we're sending by "here is our
official image, but that one is unlikely to work on your laptop,
better use this here."

People will shake their heads in disbelief and install Ubuntu. One
more Ubuntu install does not do zilch for Free Software, it just helps
us to hold our nose high being holier than the pope.

Greetings
Marc
Mannheim, Germany  |     Beginning of Wisdom "     |