Re: Making Debian available

On Mon, 18 Jan 2021 14:05:09 +0200 (EET), Timo Lindfors
<timo.lindfors@iki.fi> wrote:
>On Mon, 18 Jan 2021, Marc Haber wrote:
>> I remember installing Debian once from a live image because the only
>> network I had available was using 802.1x. Must have been a rather
>> painless experience, since I don't remember much trouble about it.
>
>I've also used it a couple of times. The only worry I have is that I end
>up with an installation that is different from d-i installations in some
>subtle way that will cause me to hit some weird bug in the future.

Yes, that was also my concern, but it was the easiest way to do it in
that rather rescrictive network. I still guess that they were trying
to test me as it was on my very first day with a new customer.

I was however unlikely to need my workstation installation as
reference as they used to be a CentOS shop anyway.

Greetings
Marc
Mannheim, Germany  |     Beginning of Wisdom "     |