Re: Making Debian available

On Sun, 17 Jan 2021, Marc Haber wrote:
Absolutely. The Installation Experience is one of the first contacts
with the distribution for most people¹, and since we all know that the

Yep. I think using the live environment for installation could be more user-friendly as the user is already familiar with how to use e.g. USB drive or browser during the installation if they need to search for help or copy some additional firmware files. The number of people who know how to do this in the current d-i images is much lower since you'd need to use the command-line with a really restricted set of tools.