Re: salsa.debian.org: merge requests and such

On Tue, 6 Nov 2018 15:43:41 +0000 (UTC), Felipe Sateler
<fsateler@debian.org> wrote:
>But for example, about a month ago Ond?ej Nový
>changed the Format: url of d/copyright to use https on one of my packages
>(and I assume a lot more), and didn't notify me. I don't think it is
>reasonable to ask for coordination for this type of changes, and I would
>agree that even notifying is too much effort if this was done salsa-wide.
>Some fixes are better just done than talked about :).

If that would happen to one of my packages, it would be work for me to
verify that the changed links would still work. A commit comment like
"(URLs verified working on $DATESTAMP)" would save me that work since
I'd _know_ that somebody else already did it, and it fits well into
the workflow.

>BTW, thanks Ond?ej Nový for those "editorial" fixes!

+1.

>Additionally, if one is doing an NMU, I think that should be pushed to
>salsa if the permissions allow it.

To master, or to an NMU branch?

Greetings
Marc, big fan of branches
Mannheim, Germany  |     Beginning of Wisdom "     |