Re: salsa.debian.org: merge requests and such

Jacob Adams <tookmund@gmail.com> writes:

> The consensus seems to be that people should enable email
> notifications in salsa and open a bug when filing a merge request.
>
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2018/08/msg00235.html
>
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2018/08/msg00259.html

Relatedly, what's the etiquette about commits to master? I recently
discovered that someone else had pushed a commit to the tip of master of
one of the packages I maintain (and not notified me); when I complained
I was told that emailing would be too much effort. Am I wrong to feel
that at least a MR is something I should have expected as a package
maintainer, not just commits to master?

[I don't really mean to have a go at the person concerned; I'd just like
to know what to expect in future...]

Regards,

Matthew

--
"At least you know where you are with Microsoft."
"True. I just wish I'd brought a paddle."