Re: salsa.debian.org: merge requests and such

On Tue, Nov 06, 2018 at 03:00:03PM +0000, Matthew Vernon wrote:

> Relatedly, what's the etiquette about commits to master? I recently
> discovered that someone else had pushed a commit to the tip of master of
> one of the packages I maintain (and not notified me); when I complained
> I was told that emailing would be too much effort. Am I wrong to feel
> that at least a MR is something I should have expected as a package
> maintainer, not just commits to master?
>
> [I don't really mean to have a go at the person concerned; I'd just like
> to know what to expect in future...]

That seems completely reasonable.  Making the repository accessible to
others is a courtesy that should not be abused.  Pushing directly to the
master branch of a package for which one is not an active maintainer or
contributor is at a minimum impolite.

Regards,

-Roberto

--