Re: "not authorised" doing various desktoppy things [and 1 more messages]

On Fri, 2017-01-06 at 07:48 +0100, Adam Borowski wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 05, 2017 at 12:19:08PM +0100, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> > With elogind do you mean https://github.com/wingo/elogind?  That
> > project doesn't look very active.
> >
> > Is there any active project trying to reimplement the logind API?
>
> Consolekit2 for example; it suffers from being a fork of consolekit
> codebase though.

That one looks indeed still active.

> > Including access to devices (which X wants these days)?
>
> That's just for ancient graphics cards (ie, with no KMS/DRM support)
> without xserver-xorg-legacy, right?

logind is required for drivers using KMS and *not* the legacy suid
wrapper, see /usr/share/doc/xserver-xorg-core/NEWS.Debian.gz.

I think wayland does the same (I haven't used it though).

So eventually alternatives should probably provide an alternative for
this part of logind too.

Ansgar