Re: "not authorised" doing various desktoppy things [and 1 more messages]

Ansgar Burchardt writes ("Re: "not authorised" doing various desktoppy things [and 1 more messages]"):
> Ian Jackson writes:
> > In fact I didn't have libpam-systemd installed for some strange
> > reason, but installing it hasn't helped.  (All the symptoms I report
> > above are with it installed.)
>
> How did you not have libpam-systemd installed?  network-manager has
> Depends: policykit-1 and policykit-1 has Depends: libpam-systemd.

I'm afraid I don't know for sure.  I think this was probably a
weirdness on my system due to odd things I did to it, and not a bug in
any package dependencies.  When I asked apt-get to install
libpam-systemd, it upgraded a number of other packages.  I don't think
this is worth investigating further.

I think #844785 needs a fix though.  Tips for where to look would be
very welcome.

Ian.