Re: "not authorised" doing various desktoppy things [and 1 more messages]

On Thu, Jan 05, 2017 at 12:19:08PM +0100, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> On Thu, 2017-01-05 at 11:22 +0100, Adam Borowski wrote:
> > Neither systemd-shim nor consolekit are solutions that are viable in
> > the long term, the sooner we get rid of both, the better.  I don't
> > know what's a good alternative, though.  Loginkit is
> > vapourware.  Elogind maybe?
>
> With elogind do you mean https://github.com/wingo/elogind?  That
> project doesn't look very active.
>
> Is there any active project trying to reimplement the logind API?

Consolekit2 for example; it suffers from being a fork of consolekit codebase
though.

I haven't done the research, my current solution works for me so far (even
if I know it's not going to last).

> Including access to devices (which X wants these days)?

That's just for ancient graphics cards (ie, with no KMS/DRM support) without
xserver-xorg-legacy, right?

Meow!
--
Autotools hint: to do a zx-spectrum build on a pdp11 host, type:
  ./configure --host=zx-spectrum --build=pdp11