Re: Debian i386 architecture now requires a 686-class processor

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 09:26:18PM +0200, Adam Borowski wrote:
> Too bad, there has been a misguided change to apt-listchanges recently: if

Somehow I doubt you will convince anyone to follow you into the light
if you keep that "I know how it should be, subject to my will you
misguided maintainer idiots" attitude – especially if there are enough
options to change the default behavior in either direction & it is
documented in the NEWS file.

You asked the (new) maintainer and he explained his reasons. You asked
the apt maintainers and I said we aren't going to overrule him (and
can't do it even if we would like to). The remaining option is CTTE,
not flinging poop on public mailinglists every chance you got.

At least sometimes it can be beneficial to tune down his own hearts
arrogance in being the only one to know how things should be and have
trust in others to at least not fuck it up completely as that helps
keeping everyone on board and well fed. Stirring up strife all the time
just helps in making sure that people will leave the boat and you alone
will be too busy keeping all the pieces together to eat anything, but if
weight loss is your objective…

If you wonder about the wording of the last paragraph:
> --
> How to exploit the Bible for weight loss:
> Pr28:25: he that putteth his trust in the ʟᴏʀᴅ shall be made fat.

That proverb (I guess quoted from the King James Translation,
so I gonna use the same) actually starts with:
"He that is of a proud heart stirreth up strife: but …".

Best regards

David Kalnischkies