Re: Debian i386 architecture now requires a 686-class processor

Hi,

Christoph Biedl:
> No big surprise. Given the amount of unneeded information combined
> with the experience several gotchas were missing ... I've stopped
> reading them. Several other people probably too.

 * I agree there is a lot of boilerplate text and I would be happy to
   restructure the release notes better.

 * AFAICT, the "unique" parts are currently parts of chapter 4 and all
   of chapter 5.
   - Preferably, we should extract the "per release" parts from chapter
     4 into its own chapter, so the relevant upgrade caveats for
     Stretch are isolated (instead of interleaved in boilerplate).

 * If you feel something is missing; please *PLEASE* file bugs for it.
   - preferably with patches.
   - The release notes for Jessie were written mostly by yours truly
     with sporadic help from 2-3 others (and a lot of drive-by patches).

 * We are too few to write the release-notes to keep track of all the
   relevant parts for a release.
   - HELP IS VERY WELCOME!

> So the remaing purpose is to ridicule those who dare to report a
> problem that was actually mentioned.

I appreciate it was (hopefully) not your intention.  But with that
remark you make me feel like I have wasted my time and effort trying to
the write the Jessie release notes.

Thanks,
~Niels