Re: Debian i386 architecture now requires a 686-class processor

Quoting Adam Borowski (2016-05-12 08:16:29)
> On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 01:54:04PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
>> If someone has time and willingness, reviewing the contents of
>> NEWS.Debian across all packages for the stable -> testing delta
>> before the release sounds like a very useful thing to do.
>
>>From what I've seen, this is very close to our problem with
> Recommends: -- those pointless NEWS.Debian _do_ make sense "locally"
> -- for a direct user of the package in question.  If you're, say,
> coding something with a library, you're interested when that library
> changed its API in an incompatible way.  On the other hand, if you
> merely use something that depends on the library, you couldn't care
> less.

Perhaps that could be addressed by extending apt-listchanges with an
option to take the APT auto-install flag into account (man apt-mark) and
skip packages that are flagged as auto-installed.

I would not use that myself (I find the current amount of NEWS items
reasonable), but invite anyone who find such idea useful to (at least)
file a bug against apt-listchanges.

 - Jonas