Re: Debian i386 architecture now requires a 686-class processor

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 07:27:30PM +0200, Christian Seiler wrote:
> At least on my system (default configuration) apt-listchanges shows
> only NEWS.Debian, not changelog.Debian. The only qualm I have with
> it is that there appears to be no option to abort the install after
> apt-listchanges displays the changes: I run apt-get upgrade, then
> it asks me if I want to update that list of packages, I answer yes,
> then it downloads them all, apt-listchanges shows the NEWS files in
> the configured pager ('less' in my case), and the only option I
> have (other than logging in on another console and force-killing
> APT) is to exit the pager with q, upon which APT immediately starts
> to install the packages.

Ctrl-C cleanly kills both the pager and apt.

Too bad, there has been a misguided change to apt-listchanges recently: if
you run "apt-get -y upgrade" (it's pointless to ask for confirmation twice,
especially when you don't even yet know what you confirm), you _won't_ get
shown the NEWS/changelogs (or rather, they'll be blown to stdout then hidden
by further output, not giving you a chance to read them).  This has
apparently been due to confusion with DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive.

--
How to exploit the Bible for weight loss:
Pr28:25: he that putteth his trust in the ʟᴏʀᴅ shall be made fat.