Re: support for merged /usr in Debian

On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 04:07:12PM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> There was a time when we released when it was finished. Now it seems
> like we aim to release at all cost when the calendar says that we
> should.

No. We always ignored the last bunch of bugs. At some point you need to
make the call that we're going to release. The freeze is a burden on
the developers, so getting rid of packages the maintainers do not care
about and nobody else knows how to rescue or to argue why the problem
should be ignored for $release is one way to relieve the burden on
others. In short you cannot hold the project hostage.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern