Re: support for merged /usr in Debian

On Fri, 8 Jan 2016 15:42:07 +0000, Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net>
wrote:
> Given the latter half of our
>freeze tends to involve mostly frustration, fragmentation of developers
>and very few bug fixes, I am personally one of the people, who would
>like to see Debian have shorter freezes[1].

Yes, I have heard your (it was you, wasn't it) talk in Heidelberg. I
took with me that you plan to adopt a "once you're out of testing,
you're out of stable for the next release, unless you're really really
important" policy for stretch, which has put me in deep worry.

I have not installed any new Debian systems at any client site since
hearing about these plans and I plan to keep it this way until I see
them fleshed out and lived.

Greetings
Marc